When you first power on the Set To Box (STB), you will be greeted by a screen that looks like this:
This is normal for the first time setup. You might also see this screen if the STB is going through a remote pairing loop. This method to pair your STB remote uses Infrared Transmission which requires direct line of sight from your STB remote to the front of the STB.
How to pair your Connexion remote:
- Press and hold the back and play buttons on the remote for about 3 seconds. (Note: This might take longer than 3 seconds but you want to make sure that a solid red flash on the top of your remote).
- Point your TV remote at your receiver and Press any button. (Note: Sometimes, I have had to press that button multiple times for the STB to recognize the signal).
If this is your firs time setting up Connexion TV please follow the instructions below
- Once you get to the Home Menu press the Apps button on your remote.
- Go to the Remote Control App
- Click on Firmware and see if there are any updates
- If needed, update your remotes firmware
Pairing you Set Top Box remote with Bluetooth
If you encounter any issues with your remote such as the remote has disconnected from the STB and you are now seeing the remote pairing screen, follow the instructions below:
1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the right-hand side of the STB, let go. The Bluetooth pairing screen should come up.
2. Press and hold the back and play buttons on the remote for about 3 seconds.
3. Watch the Bluetooth pairing screen and the remote should be paired. (Note: This can sometimes take a couple minutes)