Make sure your Fire TV works with Connexion TV
If you're setting up your Fire TV for the first time...
Start with these quick steps or watch this quick step video.
How to set up the Fire TV Stick
- Plug the power adapter into an electric outlet and the Fire TV device into your TV's HDMI port.
- Use the USB cable to connect the power adapter and the Fire TV device.
- Install the batteries in the remote by matching them to the icons inside. If the remote doesn't automatically pair with your Fire TV, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Use the Source/Input (on some remotes, it’s labeled as input) button on your TV remote to locate the HDMI signal for your Fire TV device.
Now that your device is powered on, connected to your TV, and paired with the remote, all you need to do is follow the prompts on the Fire TV startup screen.
- Press Home on your remote.
- Press Play/Pause on your remote.
- Select Your Language.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your password and select Connect.
- Select Register or Create an Account.
- Enter your Amazon login ID and click Next. If you selected Create an Account, you would be creating that ID.
- Enter your password and select Sign-In.
- Confirm it's your account that's signed in.
- Select Yes or No to opt-in or out of storing connected network passwords with Amazon.
- Opt-in or out of parental controls.
- Sign up for Prime or decline.
- Select Choose Apps to walk through Amazon's app downloads on-boarding or click No Thanks to skip past.
- Select the popular services you want and click right to TV channels.
- Select the TV channel apps you want and click right to sports apps.
- Select the sports apps you want and click right to the featured apps.
- Select the featured services you want and click Play to proceed.
- Click Download Apps.
Now that your Fire TV is all set up, select the search icon to the left of "Home" at the top of the screen and search for Fort Collins Connexion, highlight it, and select the download button to begin downloading.
Once it's done downloading, select Open to launch Connexion TV.
Make sure you're connected to Connexion provided internet
Connexion TV needs to be connected to the Internet provided to your home by Connexion Internet in order to access your entire TV lineup.
Congratulations, you've set up your Fire TV Stick!
Check out this support article for more help with installing apps on Fire TV.