Some devices may require the use of a specific WiFi band. Connexion WiFi broadcasts both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi signals simultaneously. If a device requires a specific band, it may be necessary to up separate your 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs so a band can be manually chosen.
This can be done by connecting to the Web GUI. This is a common fix for IoT devices that will only operate on the 2.4GHz band and may have issues with a combined SSID name.
To set up a separate SSID for the 2.4 GHz band, use the following steps:
(Select "Wireless (5GHz)" during step 3 to rename the 5GHz SSID)
1. Log in to the GUI; you will see the login window.
2. Click on "Network" from the top menu.
3. Click on "Wireless (2.4 GHz)" from the sub-menu on the left.
4. Select an SSID that is not currently enabled. In the image below, SSID3 is selected.
5. Change the name of the SSID to be something that you will recognize and then select enable (Different than your current name)
6. Click SAVE. The changes will be applied to your network.
Now use your device to find the new SSID you just created. You can now connect the device to your new SSID